Hand2Hand delivers hope to hungry children by mobilizing schools and churches to provide nutritious food over the weekends.
Values & Guidelines
- We seek to provide healthy food to children over the weekend so they have a greater opportunity to succeed academically, emotionally and physically.
- Providing nutritious and vitamin fortified food will be a priority.
- Separation of church and state in the design and implementation of Hand2Hand will be strictly adhered to. No religious tracts or pamphlets may be sent home in backpacks, but invitations to other food opportunities at church or through other organizations may be given with the permission of the school principal.
- Hand2Hand volunteers will serve with a prayerful spirit and there will be a silent prayer covering over backpacks/food/school/etc.
- Background checks must be performed on all volunteers who go into a school to distribute backpacks while children are present.
- All volunteers will adhere to strict confidentiality of names and information of clients.
- Dignity and respect will be given to all recipients.
- The distribution of backpacks will be done at school when students are not present to avoid embarrassment or being singled out.
- Backpacks should have the school logo (or no logo), but the Hand2Hand logo or tag should not be visible anywhere on the backpack.
- The initial permission slip will be sent home with the student through the school. A letter of introduction of the church will be sent home in the first backpack of the year. Included information will be: church name, coordinator name and church phone number.
- At least one representative from each church will attend the two Hand2Hand Coordinator meetings (fall and spring) held each school year.
- All aspects of Hand2Hand will be conducted in a manner congruent with generally accepted biblical mandates and principles. We believe in Jesus’ way.