When I read this quote I couldn’t help but smile. God is so fun and from day one of Hand2Hand he continues to surprise me. I’m so full of gratitude because His obvious hand in this movement is mind boggling. As a staff at least once a week we are hooting, hollering, and squealing with joy about what God is doing behind the scenes so we can feed kids. Sometimes more than one miracle happens on the same day and He must get a kick out of seeing our crazy reactions. God is using His people to feed, bless, and pray for thousands of children and His miracles continue to knock our socks off! Yes, as I read this quote I couldn't help but smile. It sure seems to be true that a grateful heart is a magnet for miracles. Some recent miracles we are celebrating:
- Fair Haven VBS children raised $7,005.10 in 4 days through lemonade stand sales, baked good sales, craft sales, and more! (I wish I had a video of the kids screaming for joy when they crushed their goal of $4,000. God had to be smiling at their excitement.)
- A group of adults were inspired by the passion of the kids that they gave $7005.10 to match it! (This announcement at VBS ignited another 3 minutes of loud cheering by the kids!)
- Families and businesses are on mission together! Our Hope on the move trailer has visited many neighborhoods this summer and our food pantry is filling up as we prepare to feed 4,000 kids this fall!
- We began in one school in Rockford last fall. The school loved it so much they asked for more. God raised up a leader in Rockford who is passionately connecting more churches to Hand2Hand so we will be feeding kids in 5 schools this school year!
- We have been blessed by a beautiful new office that Fair Haven Church is providing, rent free!! This enables us to designate more of our donations to feeding more kids! We love visitors so stop by sometime!
- Our 2nd Hope on the Move trailer has been donated!
- We will be in at least 98 schools this fall.
- We will soon begin our H.O.P.E. (hands of people everywhere) Gathering Place-Community Packing Events!
- Our first Hand2Hand dinner will be on November 3. God has blessed us with Tom Doyle of Brann's Catering who surprised us with a very generous donation for our first dinner!! Please sign up now and plan to attend this fun event!
If a grateful heart is a magnet for miracles I am super excited because God has already done SO much. And for that I have a grateful heart. “I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises.” Ps. 34:1