A mom said, “Receiving Hand2Hand means so much to me. We are in a tough spot right now and it’s a relief to know my kids have food but what means just as much is coming home from work on Friday and seeing the H2H food. We aren’t alone - people care and it gives me hope for the future. Someday I want to give back to Hand2Hand and bring others hope too.”
Hand2Hand serves families who are sometimes in the midst of medical expenses, divorce, job loss, or who simply have a lower wage job. They need the food but they tend to especially appreciate knowing that they aren’t alone. And many of our families do give back to Hand2Hand through volunteering and donating food once they have their feet on the ground.
For the last 9 years Hand2Hand churches, volunteers, and donors have walked alongside and brought hope, food, and prayers to thousands of families who are going through a difficult financial time.
We are honored to walk beside children and families as they are experiencing tough times and to bring them a glimpse of God who sees them, knows them, and loves them. They are never out of His sight.
Maybe you also need to know that you are never out of God's sight and that His love for you is amazing. (Psalm 139)
There is hope. And Hand2Hand will always seek to deliver His hope to the families we serve and to all who join us in feeding them.
If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, it is enough.You can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there.’ And it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Jesus
Have you ever held a tiny mustard seed in your hand?
I love that Jesus used something small to claim how powerful things can happen when we have a tiny faith in the One who can move mountains. A mustard seed is a living thing and my faith must be alive to produce God sized miracles.
I also love how Jesus uses small objects that we might not even notice to teach us powerful lessons. He used small children to teach us when He said, “Let the little children come to me, don’t stop them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.” They don’t just get to be a part of the kingdom of heaven, it belongs to them! I picture Him with His arms wide open, laughing and smiling, welcoming all children as they come to him. And that image of Him causes me to laugh and smile too.
Hand2Hand began as a tiny mustard seed of faith to feed and pray for children who the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to and God is moving mountains! Today, over 70 amazing coordinators and thousands of people are passionate about feeding children in His name. Kids from 3 to 18 years old are being welcomed and loved in Jesus’ name and I believe Jesus is smiling and laughing as He watches from above.
God continues to breathe and move through our Hand2Hand army of volunteers and churches and children are experiencing Him through our faithful bags of food each weekend. We ask Him to draw them to know of His great love for them. We trust and believe in His power to use Hand2Hand to give our students hope and to help them learn in school so they can excel and reach their God given potential.
Jodi recently told me about a mom and her child who volunteered for the first time to pack for Hand2Hand and she shared with Jodi that they receive Hand2Hand. They were excited to pack and were looking for extra ways to help and the child even offered to sweep when they were finished. They joined as all of the Hand2Hand volunteers prayed for the children. At the end of the evening the mom came up with tears in her eyes and said to Jodi, “I always knew these bags were special but I didn’t realize how special they were until tonight! Thank you!”
Yes, God is moving mountains in the lives of children, families, and entire communities. And we can’t help but smile and say wow!
Founder and Executive Director
When I read this quote I couldn’t help but smile. God is so fun and from day one of Hand2Hand he continues to surprise me. I’m so full of gratitude because His obvious hand in this movement is mind boggling. As a staff at least once a week we are hooting, hollering, and squealing with joy about what God is doing behind the scenes so we can feed kids. Sometimes more than one miracle happens on the same day and He must get a kick out of seeing our crazy reactions. God is using His people to feed, bless, and pray for thousands of children and His miracles continue to knock our socks off! Yes, as I read this quote I couldn't help but smile. It sure seems to be true that a grateful heart is a magnet for miracles. Some recent miracles we are celebrating:
- Fair Haven VBS children raised $7,005.10 in 4 days through lemonade stand sales, baked good sales, craft sales, and more! (I wish I had a video of the kids screaming for joy when they crushed their goal of $4,000. God had to be smiling at their excitement.)
- A group of adults were inspired by the passion of the kids that they gave $7005.10 to match it! (This announcement at VBS ignited another 3 minutes of loud cheering by the kids!)
- Families and businesses are on mission together! Our Hope on the move trailer has visited many neighborhoods this summer and our food pantry is filling up as we prepare to feed 4,000 kids this fall!
- We began in one school in Rockford last fall. The school loved it so much they asked for more. God raised up a leader in Rockford who is passionately connecting more churches to Hand2Hand so we will be feeding kids in 5 schools this school year!
- We have been blessed by a beautiful new office that Fair Haven Church is providing, rent free!! This enables us to designate more of our donations to feeding more kids! We love visitors so stop by sometime!
- Our 2nd Hope on the Move trailer has been donated!
- We will be in at least 98 schools this fall.
- We will soon begin our H.O.P.E. (hands of people everywhere) Gathering Place-Community Packing Events!
- Our first Hand2Hand dinner will be on November 3. God has blessed us with Tom Doyle of Brann's Catering who surprised us with a very generous donation for our first dinner!! Please sign up now and plan to attend this fun event!
If a grateful heart is a magnet for miracles I am super excited because God has already done SO much. And for that I have a grateful heart. “I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises.” Ps. 34:1